Bridgestone Announces Expansion of All-Terrain Tire Line
Bridgestone Americas has announced the addition of new size offerings to its Firestone Transforce tire line for the benefit of Class 4-5 commercial truck vehicles.
The three newly introduced sizes of the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire for medium-duty commercial vans and trucks are 225/70R19.5 LRF, 225/70R19.5 LRG and 245/70R19.5 LRG. Size 225/70R19.5 LRF of the tire is currently available in Canada and the U.S. Bridgestone will release the other two sizes in the market by October 1 of this year.
As explained by the company in a release, the Firestone Transforce AT2 is designed as an all-position, radial tire that is well-suited for all-terrain performance. The tire also contains a tread design that helps in promoting traction in wet and winter conditions. The tire features “an innovative tread-to-road contact footprint” that has been added to provide better durability throughout the tire’s life.
“We depend on long- and regional-haul fleets to keep this country moving every day,” says Ben Johnson, Director of Marketing, Truck and Bus Radial Tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO). “We designed the Firestone Transforce AT2 tire with unique features for dependable, durable performance while driving in a variety of terrain and conditions with frequent starts and stops.”
Bridgestone has equipped the Firestone Transforce AT2 with a compound that aids in preventing heat damage. According to the company, this feature preserves the integrity of the tire casing for future retreadability. Bridgestone adds that improvement in the casing’s time in service will enable fleets to increase their cost savings.
The Firestone Transforce AT2 tire has the following features:
- For winter traction performance, the tire has a Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification.
- Bridgestone has equipped the tire with a tread design that contains multiple tread edges to enable better traction in wet conditions.
- The tire is equipped with sidewall protector ribs to prevent curbing damage and consequently promote casing durability.
- For better scrubbing resistance and improved tread life, the tire sports a high-scrub tread compound, according to Bridgestone.
- The tire features a wider belt that is designed to extend its shoulder area and reduce irregular wear.