First Hybrid Joins the Corolla Family
Toyota’s new 2020 Corolla line will finally be introducing North America’s first Corolla Hybrid.
The 2020 Corolla Hybrid features a Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive built around a 1.8L four-cylinder engine, with a high torque electric motor, and electronically controlled continuously variable transmission, storage batteries, and a sophisticated powertrain. The result boasts an impressive performance with remarkable fuel efficiency and minimal emissions – all available to consumers at an MSRP of $24,790.
“We’ve transformed the Corolla – including adding the first Corollas in Canada with a gas-electric hybrid powertrain, and we’ve priced all models to make it easy for Canadians to take advantage of the many benefits this next-generation Corolla has to offer,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice-President, Toyota Canada.
The hybrid car comes with a six-speaker, 8” Display Audio system including Toyota connected Services and other traditional technologies available in cars nowadays, like Apple CarPlay compatibility, Bluetooth connectivity, Scout GPS Link, and voice recognition. It also comes with steering wheel-mounted controls, automatic air conditioning, a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat for additional cargo versatility, and much more. The car offers premium interiors and, overall, a fun driving experience.
The Corolla Hybrid Premium Package has a starting MSRP of $26,790 with improved interiors and a Qi wireless charging system for personal electronics.
Other Corolla models available in the market are:
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla L (starting MSRP: $18,990 manual; $20,790 with CVT);
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla LE (starting MSRP: $21,790 with CVT);
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla LE Upgrade Package (starting MSRP: $23,790 with CVT);
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE (starting MSRP: $26,990 with CVT);
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla SE (starting MSRP: $22,290 manual; $23,290 with CVT);
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla SE Upgrade Package (starting MSRP: $24,290 manual, $25,290 with CVT); and
- The 2020 Toyota Corolla XSE (starting MSRP: $28,490 with CVT).
All new Corolla models are equipped with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 and other standard safety technologies.
The 2020 Toyota Corolla is currently on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada. For complete and up-to-date details and specifications on each type of Corolla, visit toyota.ca/corolla.