CARSTAR Honours Franchise Partners for Fundraising Efforts
CARSTAR honoured its franchise partners from across North America at the CARSTAR Acceleration 2019 Conference in Chicago for their fundraising efforts for cystic fibrosis research, care and advocacy.
On the morning of Wednesday, July 11, Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation presented awards to the top cystic fibrosis fundraisers in the CARSTAR network. After the ceremony, over 300 attendees in CARSTAR colours took to the streets and parks of Chicago for the “Soul Stroll” to spread the message supporting the cystic fibrosis cause. Participants also had the chance to enjoy a scenic stroll by Grant Park along the shores of Lake Michigan.
The top CARSTAR fundraisers are:
- CARSTAR Brampton and CARSTAR Brampton West
- CARSTAR Red Deer and CARSTAR Red Deer South
- Johnny K Group (CARSTAR Edmonton Mayfield, CARSTAR Edmonton South East, CARSTAR Edmonton Gateway, CARSTAR Leduc North, CARSTAR Ellerslie)
- CARSTAR Toronto St. Clair
- CARSTAR Brantford and CARSTAR Brantford West
- CARSTAR Mississauga 401 and CARSTAR Georgetown Appraisal
- CARSTAR Kitchener King Street
- CARSTAR Hamilton Midtown and CARSTAR Hamilton Midtown West
- CARSTAR Courtenay and CARSTAR Duncan (Isherwood)
- CARSTAR London East and CARSTAR London West
Together with other CARSTAR locations across North America, these franchise partners recently celebrated the network’s annual Shine Month this June. The network’s franchise partners held car washes, participated in the Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History or walked in Great Strides to help engage their team and community in raising funds and awareness. The network was able to raise over $100,000 for the cause through these activities.
As part of CARSTAR’s ongoing 30th anniversary celebration, several franchise partners also directly donated $1,000 to the cause.