OTC Launches Software Version 188.8.131.52
OTC has announced the launch of its updated software version 184.108.40.206 for its Encore and Evolve professional diagnostic tools that covers several domestic, European as well as Asian vehicles.
According to a release by the company, OTC notes that the version includes new coverage additions, tests and enhancements for the following major vehicle brands in North America for the benefit of repair technicians and shop owners:
- Domestic: Chrysler (including Jeep), Ford and General Motors (including Saturn)
- Asian: Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota
- European: Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Mini, Volkswagen and Volvo
Repair technicians will have access to pre and post-scan coverage added to the software for 2019 model year Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Fiat, Honda, Jeep, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota vehicles. OTC has also added PCM Connector Pin information (B.O.B) for 2016-2018 model year Chrysler/Jeep, 2017 model year Ford and 2017-2018 model year GM vehicles.
With version 220.127.116.11, repair technicians will now be able to do dynamic calibrations of ADAS cameras for 2008-2018 model years BMW, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Volvo. The software allows them to do special tests for 2017 and 2018 models of Ford and GM vehicles. Other coverage additions and improvements with this version include adjustment type tests for the instrument cluster, climate/HVAC, transmission, airbag, engine/PCM, steering, ABS/brakes, hybrid, AWD/transfer case and body control systems, among others, depending on the year, make, model and engine.
The new version of the software for both OTC Evolve and Encore diagnostic scan tools contain the following coverage additions as well:
- Audi: ABS/brakes, safety/airbag, body control systems, and much more
- BMW/Mini: Engine/PCM, transmission, steering, transfer case, safety/restraint tests and more
- Ford: ADAS dynamic camera calibration, engine/PCM, brakes/ABS, transmission, instrument cluster, climate (HVAC) and more
- GM/Saturn: ADAS dynamic camera calibration, hybrid, AWD/transfer case, tire pressure monitor/RCDLR, safety/airbag, steering and more
- Mazda: ADAS dynamic camera calibration, engine/PCM, transmission, ABS/brakes, instrument cluster and more
- Nissan/Infiniti: Engine/PCM, ABS/brakes, climate (HVAC), and body control systems
- Toyota: Steering, ADAS, engine/PCM and climate (HVAC) tests