Ford Approves Chief PNP90 Rivet Gun for F-150 Repairs
Ford Motor Company has approved the Chief PNP90 Rivet Gun for use in repairing collision damage to the aluminum-bodied F-150.
The PNP90 is currently the only rivet gun in the Ford F-150 Collision Repair Program that is pneumatically driven to provide maximum rivet consistency.
“The PNP90 Rivet Gun delivers a very consistent pneumatically pressed rivet,” said Mickey Swartz, Vice President of International Business Development/Global Product Management for Chief.
“Now customers can purchase a rivet gun with the same expectations of quality they have experienced in the rest of the wide range of Chief equipment approved to repair the F-150.”
The PNP90 Rivet Gun uses a pneumatic-hydraulic system specifically developed for riveting and pressing out self-piercing rivets like those used in the manufacture of the F-150. The PNP90 provides a highly efficient pressure ratio of 100:1, delivering 8702 psi (600 bar) of hydraulic output pressure, with input pressure of only 87 psi (6 bar). The rivet head is lighter than competitive battery-operated models, making it easier for technicians to handle and use for time-intensive repairs.
To repair the aluminum sheet metal structures of the F-150, the Chief PNP90 mobile tool includes a pneumo-hydraulic pressure intensifier, hydraulic gun, NB 40 rivet clamp, a fully equipped UN 2.0 riveting tool kit and a special F-150 mandrel kit.
For other vehicle repairs that require flow-form rivets, the PNP90 can easily install them. Its universal technology enables precision calibrating and hole punching for a perfect fit every time.
The Chief PNP90 Rivet Gun and accompanying F-150 mandrel kit join the full roster of approved Chief aluminum repair equipment available to Ford dealers through the Rotunda Dealer Equipment program, including:
- Goliath, impulse E/VHT and EZ LINER Express frame racks
- LaserLock Live Mapping System
- Structural Holding with F-150 Kit
- F-150 Holding Kit
- Deluxe Chain and Clamping Package with Rolling Cart
- Collet Style Target Attachment Set for Non-Ferrous Vehicle Openings
- Mobile Dust Extractor System
- MultiMig 511 Welder with Standard Torch
- MultiMig 511 Welder with Push-Pull Torch
- MultiMig 522 Dual Torch Welder Complete with Standard and Push-Pull Torch
- MultiTool Aluminum Dent Repair Station